Thursday, May 26, 2016

Review: Matcha Powder



Matcha powder is a concentrated form of green tea. It is much higher in antioxidants than regular green tea. Antioxidants are healing to the body and mind in many ways. This tea may help strengthen your immune system and increase your metabolism, which helps to be healthier overall and have better energy throughout the day. You can drink it hot, cold, or blend it with smoothies or shakes. You can add it to your baking as well as make ice cream or mochi. Green tea mochi is so good!  Personally, I haven't made this, but I do buy it for my family, and we love it! You have many choices as to how you want to take matcha. My family and I decided that we want to try it as a drink.

The instructions say to add 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon to your drink or favorite food. I tried 1 teaspoon in my drink, and it was too strong for me. The flavor was overwhelming, and a lot of the matcha settled at the bottom. So, upon making another drink with this, I decided to add 1/2 a teaspoon to a 16 ounce glass cup. I then added about 1/3 cup of hot water, mixed it, then added sugar, ice, and finally I filled the cup with more water and allowed it to cool. I shared the drink with my family, and they were hooked. They really enjoyed this refreshment. Its leafy flavor is tasty and refreshing! We tried it hot, and it is also good to the taste buds, but our preference was to drink it cold with ice. I tried it in my coffee as well, which was okay, but I rather have the tea and coffee separately. I have yet to add this to smoothies and shakes, but I am sure they will taste just fine. We have been drinking this quite often now; for it has replaced some store-bought juices, which is better because we know that this is healthier for us. This is a drink that is calming yet energizing and quenching yet soothing that my family and I have enjoyed and recommend.

This item was sent to me free in exchange for an unbiased review. I received no compensation, and I am not associated with the seller or manufacturer in any way. All opinions expressed here are my own.

You can purchase this at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment