Monday, May 16, 2016

Review: Coffee French Press


My husband and I waited anxiously for the French press to arrive. We were really curious as to what the difference would be from a regular coffeemaker. How is this going to taste? What is it like? Well, we love coffee, and we wanted to try the French press so we could get some answers. We have heard that this coffee was very good, but remained curious...until now. As soon as the package arrived, I opened the box, took the French press out, and washed it. This item comes with a carafe, a plunger, a mesh screen, and 2 plates (to not only assist in the pressing, but also to filter the coffee).

 I then proceeded to add ground coffee and hot water to the carafe. I waited a few minutes for it to steep and release its flavors into the hot water. Apparently, at this point it is "blooming." Blooming is when the hot water forces the ground coffee to expand and release its aromas. Then, I added more hot water and mixed it. I waited a bit more. Finally, I pressed the plunger down. I poured our first cup of French press coffee. The aroma that was being released into the air was delightful and earthy. Next, I added a little sugar and creamer to our cups. Everything was looking good so far. The taste? Yum! This was seriously delicious. It was rich and smooth in flavor. It was strong yet not bitter. This is definitely tastier than how our coffeemaker makes the coffee! Lately in the mornings, my husband and I have been enjoying a cup of coffee made with the French press. Every cup has turned out to be full of deliciously, rich flavor that has brought a smile to our faces.

 I have also made tea with this product. I like to use dry herbs, leaves, roots, and powders for my teas (such as chamomile, dandelion, burdock, guava, horsetail, etc). It has been hard finding something that will fully separate the liquid and at the same time keep all the nutrition, so I am glad that I tried making my teas with this. It works pretty awesome!

This french press was received at a discount in exchange for my unbiased and honest review. All opinions expressed here are my own.

You can purchase this item here at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment