Friday, April 22, 2016

Review: The Olive Tree Company Bath and Body Products


This review is for The Olive Tree Company Rosemary & Mint Shampoo and Conditioner, Olive Oil Soap, and Calendula Oatmeal Facial Grains.

I have a few products here that were sent to me so I can test and review. These products contain only natural ingredients from plants. They do not contain parabens, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic colors, or synthetic fragrances.  This is a big plus for those who suffer from certain conditions such as allergies and eczema, or simply prefer organic and natural products. Key ingredients that are used in their products are olive oil and essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, lemon myrtle, rosemary, peppermint, rose geranium, and sandalwood; all which are soothing and contain various healing benefits for the skin and hair. I love oils and I love natural products. So, of course, I was excited to try them. So, let’s see what I got, shall we?

Rosemary & Mint Shampoo and Conditioner:
This shampoo has a very light scent of rosemary and mint. It doesn’t lather much because it does not contain chemicals that make a rich lather, such as SLS or sulphates. But, it did clean my hair very well, and it left my scalp feeling clean. My hair was soft, clean, and my natural waves stood out.  It did not dry out my scalp. My hair was not frizzy or crazy-looking. When shampoos leave my hair frizzy and crazy-looking, it is unmanageable and just crazy! It is like it has a mind of its own…some waves are facing left while other waves are facing right! Anyways, this shampoo did NOT do any of that craziness. YEY!

I used the rosemary and mint shampoo along with the accompanying conditioner. The conditioner left my hair super soft, and it smelled really nice. It was lightly scented of rosemary with a hint of mint. The conditioner added shine and body to my hair, leaving my hair with my natural waves. It helped with static and frizziness, even on cloudy days. Is it true that on cloudy or gloomy days your hair gets frizzy? I don’t know, I think so only because my hair is crazy on cloudy and gloomy days. But it is also crazy on sunny days…hmm. My hair stylist has called my hair, “cow licks.” This should tell you a little something of what I have to deal with. Well back to the shampoo and conditioner. This shampoo and conditioner is made with aloe vera, olive oil, and essential oils. All of these ingredients are soothing and have healing properties, so the shampoo and conditioner is good for all types of hair.

Olive Oil Soap:
This soap is handmade. It is as if you have just made it in your own kitchen. It has a very light, pleasant scent. Upon using this soap, it left my skin feeling very soft and well moisturized. I also used it on my face. It left my face feeling clean. It did not dry my skin, it doesn’t have a strong perfume aroma, and it didn’t leave my skin feeling stretchy. This soap did its job. I used a soap saver soap holder so it can last longer. So far so good.

Calendula Oatmeal Facial Grains
What’s this you ask?  Well, facial grains is kind of like a scrub that you use on your face. You mix the powder with a little bit of water and apply it in a circular motion, almost like a massage for your face. Oatmeal, calendula, and clays make a great team. Together they tackle many skin concerns, such as eczema. The smell is pleasant and soft. I used it twice a week. My face felt hydrated and well-nourished.

All-in-all The Olive Tree Company has some great products. Natural and organic products are great and you need not worry about them containing harsh chemicals. I will definitely be ordering some more, maybe the Rose Geranium Body Lotion or the Lavender & Sandalwood Hand & Body Wash. Bottom line: Yes, I do like.

Disclaimer:  The company sent me products for free in return for providing my honest and unbiased review. I received no compensation, and I am not affiliated in any way with the company or manufacturer of these products.  All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.


You can purchase these products at: The Olive Tree Company

No comments:

Post a Comment