Friday, April 8, 2016

Review: Plantar Fasciitis Socks

The plantar fascia connects the heel to the front of your foot. It is there to assist in supporting the arch of your foot among other things. It is supposed to absorb stress and strains that we place on our feet as we go about our days. Many problems, such as inflammation and tissue tear, arise if the plantar fascia is not doing its job properly. Plantar fasciitis is very painful. It is sharp pain heading toward the arch and heel of the foot. My husband was told by his doctor that he has plantar fasciitis because he has such wide, super-flat feet, and there is a lot of pressure on his feet from that and his weight. It is difficult for him to walk around with such pain. His feet also normally ache terribly in the mornings, and he has to do certain exercises and stretches in order to be able to just get up and get ready for work. The exercises and stretches don’t work very well, though. Imagine how hard it might be to run. Well, my husband loves playing basketball, but there is a big price to pay afterward. He is aching badly!

Once I saw these socks and gel cushion, I mentioned them to my husband. He was excited and said he was looking forward to trying them. So, I ordered them for him. Once the order arrived, I realized that I had ordered a Large instead of X-large. I thought, “Yikes! I hope he can still use them. He has really wide feet.” We did manage, however, to get the gel and socks on, and this is where my husband contributes to this review:

“This week, I wore both the gels and socks during my regular workdays, which were about 15 hours or more each day. At work, I sit, I stand, and I walk around to meet customers, so you can say I am a bit active throughout the day. During lunch, I go play basketball. Throughout these days while wearing the socks and gel cushions, my feet didn’t bother me at all. Normally, my feet are constantly hurting due to my plantar fasciitis and flat and wide feet. Wearing the gel and socks made my work shoe feel more comfortable. Then, when I wore the socks and gel with tennis shoes, I definitely felt a difference.  My heels felt so much better as opposed to the pain I normally have when I wear my tennis shoes without the gel and socks.

At first, we were trying to figure out which way the gel goes since no instructions came with the order. Once on, I found it was best to wear the gel heel over my dress socks. This was quite comfortable. The reason why I chose to wear it over my socks is because when I wore the gel directly on my feet, the gel and my feet were moist. This was not comfortable for me. I felt they were not going to dry, and it was hard to walk around like this.

The socks are a size large, so I think an x-large may have been better for me. They were very hard to put on, once again, I think because they were a size large instead of x-large. We stretched the sock as much as we could and glided it on my feet slowly. Once they were on, they were actually quite comfortable. I felt relief. I felt support on my feet. In the end, the sock wasn’t too tight or suffocating. They were very comfortable to walk around in throughout the day.

I felt that the socks and gel were absorbing the pain and bringing me comfort. I didn’t feel any pain at all, which made me happy. I really like how cozy the gel cushions are and how well the socks support my feet. I do recommend you try.”


Disclaimer:  This item was received at a discounted rate or free in exchange for our honest review.

You can purchase this on:  Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment