Thursday, April 28, 2016

Review: IntelliDent Toothbrush Shield


Have you every wondered how dirty your toothbrush might be?  This is something you use daily, right? Do you know that when flushing the toilet, droplets roam in the air for up to 6 feet? What could be in that air we breathe? Yuck! I am not sure I want to know. But the truth is, there is a lot going on in the air in our homes. There is bacteria, viruses, feces, dead skin, dust, droplets from toilet flushings, and more. Bottom line, all these things that roam in the air have to land somewhere. They are all over your home, on dressers, lamps, sinks, and sadly on our toothbrushes. This is why we should maintain our home by cleaning, dusting, washing our bed sheets, and changing our toothbrushes often.

Let's talk about our toothbrushes for a bit. We are told by dentists to change our toothbrushes every 3 months or each time we get the cold or flu. We have also heard about cleaning our toothbrushes with hydrogen peroxide once in a while. But, does this really help? I am pretty sure it may help a bit. There is something else that has been created. There is a toothbrush shield that was created by IntelliDent. This toothbrush shield is disposable and can be changed on a weekly basis. Well, what is this toothbrush shield, you ask? The toothbrush shield is a cover for your toothbrush. It is made with an advanced barrier technology that helps to block bacteria, germs, and airborne particles and droplets that are roaming around the air. Since it is also breathable, your toothbrush dries quickly; therefore, inhibiting further bacterial growth. The toothbrush shield does not kill germs. The shield blocks 99.9% airborne and surface bacteria. 

After using the shield for a while now, I decided this is a product that I will be buying for my family. I liked how it kept our toothbrushes clean. I liked how quickly our toothbrushes dried. I know that this is safer for us and our mouths. This is good for travel or home. Keep your toothbrush in your bag, backpack, or suitcase. It is disposable; therefore, it is good for up to 7 days. It comes in a pack of 10, so 1 box will last you up to 10 weeks for 1 person. There are 3 of us in my house, so the box should last us about 3 weeks.

There is also a mouthguard shield that IntelliDent made which works just as good. It is made with the same advanced technology; which helps to keep mouthguards and retainers clean and dry.

"Protection by Prevention" is IntelliDent's slogan, and I can see why--a thin shield with advanced barrier technology that may help prevent microbe and airborne particle accumulation on your toothbrush, mouthguard, and retainer. Protect your toothbrush, and protect your mouth! I honestly feel good about this shield, and I do recommend it whether you are travelling or not.

Disclaimer: The company sent me samples in return for providing my honest and unbiased review. I received no compensation, and I am not affiliated in any way with the company or manufacturer of these products.  All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.

You can purchase these items at: Walmart, Walgreens Riteaid, and Drugstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment