Thursday, April 28, 2016

Review: WiFi Adapter





This adapter was ordered for my son's laptop. Although his laptop is fairly new, it tends to be a bit slower. He does homework and research on his laptop, and he needs something faster and more reliable. The internal WiFi from his laptop is only able to pick up the 2.5GHz frequency. He is not able to pick up any signals through the 5GHz frequency, which is a whole lot faster. This adapter, which is 802.11ac, is supposed to be one of the best because it is laser beaming fast and is supposed to work very well in the 5GHz frequency. The adapter was very easy to install. Basically it is: Turn off internal WiFi, install CD, and plug adapter to USB. Then, watch the internet zoom!

As soon as the adapter was connected, the internet on this laptop was super fast! I was so surprised to see how fast this was going. I tested it on speedtest, and it downloaded at 99.49 mbps and uploaded at 73.18 mbps. It also picked up a long list of networks that are around our home. This is super fast compared to what I have seen before. Then I wanted to know how fast (or slow) the laptop's internal WiFi was, so I checked speedtest again with the internal WiFi. It downloaded at 25.47 mbps and uploaded at 13.79 mbps. This is a huge difference! This adapter works pretty awesome! I definitely like this product. It is fast and reliable, just what I was looking for. My son can now use his laptop with much higher internet speeds thanks to this adapter.

Disclaimer: This item was sent to me for free in exchange for my unbiased review. I received no compensation, and I am not affiliated in any way with the company or manufacturer of this product. All opinions expressed here are my own.

You can purchase this item at: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment